CHALLENGE 07 - The Crystal Maze!27.09.18
The Crystal Maze!
Yes, that’s right, I’m so excited. My friends and I will be heading to the Crystal Maze in Manchester this Thursday (27 September)!!
I used to watch the Crystal Maze as a child back in the 90s. I think I remember a few aspects or elements to some of the challenges but to be honest, it is a little bit hazy. I should probably swot up on the latest series with Richard Ayoade (I love this guy!) as the Maze Master! Yep, it’s decided. I’ll watch an episode or two before Thursday so I know what to expect! However… on the other hand, ignorance is bliss, which just adds an extra element to the challenge come Thursday!
1) You don’t need to spend hours on end in training to complete the Maze
2) There will be a mixture of mental and physical challenges along the way
3) I’ll be spending time with my friends instead of on my own in training
4) We’ll all be working together as team recognizing each other’s strengths – a nice little confidence booster for us all
5) But most of all, this challenge will be a LOT of fun! I can’t emphasise how important it is to put your name down for something purely for the fun of it. Don’t get me wrong, I like training for physical challenges, but there’s also something to be said for achieving something without the pressure of hours of training!
I’m really looking forward to being involved and having the Maze Master lead us around the four zones: Aztec, Industrial, Futuristic and Medieval. I am a little nervous about not being able to crack a mental challenge as it’s not one of my strengths, but we’ll see. It wouldn’t be a challenge otherwise I guess. I’m also incredibly competitive (eek) so I’ll want the team to get as many crystals as possible for the infamous Crystal Dome!
I’ll let you all know how many crystals we win and how we get on in the Dome.
So, I guess there’s just one thing left to say….To the Crystal Dome!